2013 is on its way out, and, well, it’s been a pretty great year. In those 365 (ish) days, I have:
- Published 3 books
- Got a job in my field of study before graduation
- Worked with the Associated Press
- Made more money from writing this year than last year
- Joined Eat Your Serial/Maglomaniac as a columnist and contributor
- Became an editor for Eat Your Serial
- Became publishing manager for Eat Your Serial
- Returned as a copy editor for Upstate Metal
- Got an internship in public relations
- Watched my wife graduate from college
- Watched my wife get a full-time job in her field of study.
- Celebrated with my wife
- Got a new blog name
Now, for some stats:
Blog Followers: 308 (email. The rest are comment followers/social media)
- 2012: 7,499 – Best month: May
- 2013: 5,313 – Best month: January
- Percentage: -29%
Ouch. No worries, though. I’ve been struggling with my blog a lot this year. I’m going to come up with a game plan for next year.
Average Blog Views (Daily):
- 2012: 20 – Best month: May
- 2013: 15 – Best month: January
- Percentage: -25%
Top Three Blog Referrers:
- Search Engines
- WordPress.com Reader
Top Three Clicks:
Top Three Search Engine Terms:
- Flintlock Fantasy
- Vulgar Sex Stories (None of which actually exist here!)
- Angel Dark (Some porn star, apparently, who also has never made an appearance here.)
Top Five Posts (Excluding Home Page/Archives):
- Flintlock Fantasy
- “It’s More Fun to be a Pirate than to Join the Navy” — Steve Jobs
- My Name Is Chris Stocking And I’m An Introvert
- Let’s Get Vulgar, Shall We?
All in all, not a terrible year. Views are down, but I’m not surprised. What with school and writing, I’ve been really busy. The first half of next year will likely be busier than the last half of this year, though, as I’m taking a lot of classes, but it’s my last semester. So, I have that to look forward to. Being done, that is.
So, that’s it for 2013–essentially, anyway. I look forward to pressing on into next year and seeing what it brings.